The Neilom Foundation’s $1,000 FAST Video Competition
Please note: Entries are now closed for the Fall 2020 competition. We are looking forward to announcing the winner on January 10th, 2021!
Please note: You must be a UMD student majoring in computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry or engineering to enter.
Do you have a Fresh Approach using Science and Technology (FAST) to change the world for the better? The Neilom Foundation wants you to highlight an important problem facing society either locally or internationally, and for you to share with us your creative or unusual solution.
We’ll give you Two Minutes to convince everyone in a short video, and you could win a $1,000 award from the Neilom Foundation. Use your video to show us the positive social impact you want to create, and how it can be achieved.
The Neilom Foundation is a dedicated community working on projects that create positive social impact using science and technology. We believe that anyone can have the next great idea for changing our world for the better with the tools of science and technology.
The competition is open for submissions from October 7, 2020 to December 20, 2020. Judges from academia and the Foundation will pick the winning entry by January 10th, 2021. Entries will be shared on the Foundation’s social media channels. Questions? Contact us via email at email@example.com.
How to submit your video to the FAST competition:
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Submit the link to your video via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20th, 2020. Please include in your email a short description of why you felt compelled to focus on your topic.
Terms and Conditions:
- There will be one $1,000 prize awarded either to the person who submitted the winning video entry, or split amongst a student team.
- Eligible videos must be between 1 minute and 2 minutes long. Videos that are outside of these guidelines will not be considered for the competition.
- Students must be enrolled in science or engineering disciplines at the University of Maryland College Park.
- The submitted video must focus on the area described.
- Videos should be high quality and creative.
- Videos may not contain any copyrighted element including music, videos, or photographs. Be sure that you have obtained all necessary legal rights for the content of your video.
- All video participants must give informed consent of their participation in order to take part in the filming of your video.
- Videos may not contain vulgar language or inappropriate content. The Neilom Foundation reserves the right to determine inappropriate content and disqualify a video.
- Only one video may be submitted per student.
- Videos must be submitted by 23:59:59 EST on Monday, December 20th, 2020 in order to be considered for contest participation.
Adding Music to your Video
Looking for some music to add to your video without worrying about copyright issues? YouTube’s Audio Library includes a variety of free tracks.